We offer degree programs in physics, astronomy, and meteorology, but there lots of details and options to choose from.
Our students find inspiration everywhere, from nano-rods to binary stars and from coastal sea breezes to neuron simulation. They become confident, innovative thinkers, well prepared for success, whether they seek immediate employment or further education in graduate or professional school. A job, graduate school, or medical school? We prepare you for these or other options. We provide you with extensive academic preparation, help and advice on getting in to graduate or professional school or applying for jobs.
- Prospective Physics Majors Contact: Jeff Wragg
- Prospective Astronomy and Astrophysics Majors Contact: Jon Hakkila
- Prospective Energy Production Concentration Students Contact: NK Kuthirummal
- Prospective Pre-Med and Biomedical Physics Students Contact: Linda Jones
- Prospective Biophysics Students Contact: Sorinel Adrian Oprisan
- Prospective Computational Neuroscience Concentration Students Contact: Sorinel Adrian Oprisan
- Prospective Meteorology Students Contact: Mike Larsen
- Prospective Secondary Education Physics Cognates Contact: Ana Oprisan
A compact and portable source of information about majors, minors, concentrations, procedures, opportunities, and many other aspects of the department is our Handbook (pdf).
Managing your Majors, Minors, and Concentrations
To add or delete a major, minor, concentration or other aspect of your studies, go to the Program of Study Management system POSM.